Friday, September 11, 2009

Don't Worry-Be Happy

I hated that song. It might have had something to do with the fact that my husband sang it over and over nonstop for several months. The message was good though. Sometimes the pursuit of happiness can blind you to the happiness of the pursuit.

I think its important not to be so consumed by whats just over the next hill, or past that next obstacle, that you forget to appreciate what you have already. I try to be happy in the moment and not think that when this happens or when that comes through, then I will be happy.

Dreams are great. They keep us going sometimes when everything else is falling apart. The dreaming might actually be better than the reality of achieving them. I am keeping that in mind as I struggle towards my goal of becoming a full time writer. I do not want to be so consumed by the desire to make it that I don't enjoy the journey there.

So look around you and be thankful for what you have. Know that it will work out if its meant to be and find joy in the little things. Don't worry, be happy.

4 comments:

  1. Great message! Don't worry, be happy.

    Also: Hakuna Matata

    What a wonderful phrase...it means no worries for the rest of your days! It's our problem free, philosophy! Hakuna Matata.

    I think The Lion King can teach us all much.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Gasp* Dreaming is great but achieving the dream is going to be great, right? I'm laughing. How many times have I got exactly what I wanted only to say, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. T.:Thats what I'm afraid of!
    Lisa:LOVED The Lion King! That movie was seriously deep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you 100% on this one. I used to do the "when I get this, then I'll be happy" bit. It never works out that way and thank God that He doesn't always give me what I want!

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.