Thursday, December 3, 2009

Space-The Final Frontier

I ponder that phrase as I sit here typing, stuffed between a plastic snowman and several odd wicker deer. They are in a holding pattern until they can be carefully positioned on our lawn in the next few days.

They are creepy.

A writer's creativity is not dependent on where it's allowed to flow. It doesn't care if your typing on a computer that was obsolete five years ago, or an old fashioned typewriter, or even scribbling in a notepad that you stole from your son's school supplies.
The words will come even if your partially sitting on a plastic wreath and you swear you heard a strange rustling in the endless piles of garland.

A little more space would be nice.

I boldly go where no one has gone before.
Ok, well that's not really true but it sounds great.

3 comments:

  1. Inspiration comes from many places and in many forms. The snowman and wicker deer sounds like the start of a good horror story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be writing in my car later today for two whole hours. I predict it will be hot and uncomfortable. LOL about the creepy deers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Hands Marsha a stick to fend off the creepy deer and snowman*

    Best of luck on writing in spite of the creepiness.

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.