Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday’s Take: Take Your Medicine

Medicine, like a good critique, never tastes good. It can be bitter and go down hard. You can mask it; hide it in a pint of Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey, or chase it with a shot of…soda. But you know it’s in there and the best thing to do is suck it up and take it.

I prefer it straight up and brutal. It burns a little at first but it’s over quicker and I can move on. There is no sense in crying over whether or not the diagnosis is true. You know deep down if it is and if you take your medicine…you will get better.

You want to be better, don’t you?

Then take your medicine.

4 comments:

  1. With a spoonful of sugar, of course. :D It may not hide the medicine, but it sure helps it go down! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind taking medicine, but I need it placed gently in my mouth. If someone shoves the medicine in my mouth, bruising my lip (ego), not cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought all medicine was cherry flavored. Guess not. Love the photo! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta take the medicine. But like Beth says...with a tiny spoon full of sugar please! It's a little easier that way. =)

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.