Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday’s Take: The Secret to Happiness

Did you know one of the most asked questions on Ask.com is ‘what is the secret to happiness?’ It remains unanswered.

Well, guess what? I have the answer. Oh, yeah. And it’s so simple.

Choose to be. That’s right. Choose to be happy and you will be. Don’t believe me?
Then examine what you think will make you happy.

Money? Ask wealthy people if their money makes them happier. I bet the answer will be No. It might make some things easier but it doesn’t make you less lonely, or more loved.

Fame? There are a lot of famous people that don’t look very happy to me. In fact, the drug abuse, arrests, and breakups kind of convince me otherwise.

The secret is to be happy with what you have and who you are. Take pleasure in the small things…a great song on the radio…a delicious dinner you didn’t have to cook (which could be hotdogs as long as I didn’t have to cook it)…or finally finishing that manuscript that you have sweated over for the past six months.

Being happy is easy, if you choose to be. Now being satisfied…well…that’s a whole different post.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! There is that difference between happy and satisfied:)

    But you're so right. Unless you're in mourning, you have to choose to be happy. And fame is evil. I think fame actually makes people unhappy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You. Are. Awesome. Thanks for this! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! I'm trying to convince my ex/bff of this right now. He's always been poor and is convinced money will make him happy. I wish he could be a millionaire tomorrow so he could stop deluding himself and work on actually being happy.

    Btw, contest at mine.

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.