Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesday’s Word: Funnoying

You know when someone tries to be funny but it ends up just being…annoying? They are funnoying.

Conversation:
Me: “I sent a query-

My Husband: “Who you calling query? You’re query.”

Me: (stern stare-heavy sigh) “-to this really awesome agent.”

My Husband: “How do you know she’s awesome?”

Me: “I researched her and she has a great blog. She works for a very respected house-“

My Husband: “My house?”

I give up. He knows all these terms and even though it might not seem like it, we do have intelligent conversations about writing and finding an agent. He is my biggest fan and most staunch (love that word…staunch, staunch, staunch) supporter, but every once in a while he feels the need to be funnoying.

And I may feel the need to have him sleep on the couch.

That, my friends, is the Word.

5 comments:

  1. HA! Your husband and my husband would be BFFs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, that's a great post! :) Funnoying - so true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Combo words! My hubby is king of the puns. He gets it from his mom. We were watching Jeopardy one night and Alex said, "This is known as the lowest form of wit." I shouted out, "PUNS!" He was offended until he found out that was the actual answer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Your husband and my husband might be good friends...=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is it that drives us all to marry the same man?? I can't tell you how many times I have given my husband the stink eye about his funnoying jokes... lol!

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.