Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Insecurity and You

Today is the first Wednesday of May so that means Insecure Writers unite!  And talk about our darkest fears...
This will be a combo post since I am also participating in Blog Me Maybe blogfest but who doesn't love a combo?  I'm pretty sure I invented the phrase 'Can I get some fries with that?'.

Insecure Writers Group-Suckage


I am currently back on the Query-Go-Round so I will confess to a few short but brutal panic attacks after hitting the send button.  Everything I write is made of suck and I just can't see it.  I usually turn up the radio, or eat something chocolate to drown out this hoarse little voice in my head (that sounds like Danny DeVito always).  So I may end up fat and deaf but I will prevail over these fears!



All About You-



On the Blog Me Maybe blogfest today is all about you!
What are your hopes and dreams?  What makes you laugh?  Cry?  Pee your pants?  Spill it!  We want to know something about you that we've never heard before...
Come on, you can trust me.



7 comments:

  1. Eating all that chocolate on the Query-go-round is only going to end up in an ugly spew on the sidewalk if you let yourself get dizzy from all the insecurity. And the reason you can't see the suck in your writing is because it's not there.

    And as for something you don't know about me -- I'm not actually a woman. I'm really Danny DeVito (The Taxi years). :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate works for me too. In those long ago times when I actually had to post submissions, my stamps always came with a side order of Revels :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will, you will! Go show those fears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. when Lassie came home made me cry when I was a kid. Meet Joe Black can do it to me now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well congrats for making it far enough that you can query! I think we all get those panicky feelings after hitting send.

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, the suckage sucks. Do you know what will fix it? A group of friends, a movie from the 80s, and margaritas. Seriously, this should be in all the medical text books as a cure for suckage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do you mean by insecure writers and me? What are you implying? What, am I paranoid now? Are you saying I'm a narcissist? Next you'll be saying I'm off my meds. No, decaf coffee sucks.

    Good luck with the queries. Judging by the nice-and-friendly-and-funny voice on your blog, the sucky crap you write should do well, especially if you're writing textbooks on accounting.

    I don't pee my pants.

    Seriously, I doubt you're capable of suckage (great word, btw.) regardless of what Danny DeVito says. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.