Friday, July 3, 2009

Humor With Words

When you've been married a very long time some of the most interesting conversations that you have are in those last few minutes in bed before you fall asleep each night. Maybe it's not the best time to get your point across but you have to take what you can get.

I don't even remember what the conversation was about. I was more than halfway asleep already and my husband was explaining something to me in great detail. He was whispering furiously, maybe realizing he had only seconds before sleep claimed me completely.

"Thats the way it gerks." What?

I am sure he meant to say 'Thats the way it works' but he was losing the sleep battle as well. I was instantly awake and laughing hysterically.

"What the gerk are you talking about?"
He was laughing but managed to say,
"You know what the gerk I meant."
"Please just shut up and go to gerk."
"Kiss my gerk."

It only ended after my husband called out for my son to shut off his light and get to gerk.
He didn't answer. Nothing we do surprises him anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.