Monday, July 27, 2009

Writing-When?

One of the hardest things for me and I am sure many others, is finding the time to write. It was always my excuse in the past. I could not possibly pursue this dream with so little free time. Empty, stupid excuses. There is always a way if you want it badly enough. I couldn't magically create more hours in the day so in order for me to write, something had to be given up in its place. This is when organizational skills are a big help. You have to prioritize your life.

I have a full time job that I need so taking any time away from that was not an option. Taking time away from my family was not a good idea either. Spending time with them has to be a priority and during the school year there are basketball games, band concerts, and the occasional volunteering that must be done. So what to do on the free nights that I had after working all day, running errands, cooking dinner and washing up? In the distant past it was a few precious hours of TV time or talking on the phone to friends. Not anymore.

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to all my friends that I have not talked to in so long.....I promise to thank you in the acknowledgement pages of my first published book.

I shaved time from social activities, phone time, TV (They brought back 90210?), and of course......sleep.

I've never been happier.

1 comment:

  1. Often it's just about finding that one hour in a day. Maybe in the morning before the kids get up...or at night before bed. I can write just about anywhere and I've found being bored in doctor's offices or waiting outside a store for someone is writing time, but I can write on notepad with a pen. I'm thinking if I were a mom all that waiting in the car for the kids to come out of various activities would have been my writing time.

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.