Jessica over at Bookends said something last week that stuck with me. That maybe some of us are in our own head too much.
I have noticed that I am saying excuse me more often these days due to the fact that I didn’t hear what was said the first time around. Or I am being asked if I am upset about anything? Or am I feeling ok?
I think it’s understandable. I have a lot floating around in my head and it is distracting.
1) Should I have my mc kiss her love interest the second time they meet? Is that too soon? I definitely need to up the hot factor.
2) What the heck is Tahereh going to blog about today? I have to go buy a pair of shoes like hers. How the hell do you pronounce her name anyway? Ty-ree? Tahhee?
3) I wonder if anyone would notice if I wore pajamas to work?
4) Where has Clair Dawn been? Did she survive another fire alarm?
5) I wonder if I took a trip to Maine would it be possible to camp out at Stephen King’s front door. Would he talk to me out of pity? Or possibly file a restraining order?
6) Did I pay my water bill?
7) When I am published, how long will I have to keep my day job? Maybe I’ll stay forever if they let me wear pajamas.
And that just covers about thirty seconds.
How can writers help being in their head too much? That’s where all the awesome action is.
That’s my take on it.