Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday Must: Play Hookie!!

Take a day off once in a while.  It won't hurt anyone and you will feel better for it.  If your day job is anything like mine...all the work will still be waiting for you when you go back.  So don't feel guilty!  If you don't have a day job and you write full time (I am beating down the extreme jealousy) then take a break and spend some time outside.  Recharge those writery batteries.  Sometimes a little time away is all you need to get past any blockage or figure out that twist you threw in and now don't know how to resolve.

  You'll thank me later.

3 comments:

  1. Good advice.

    I am lucky because I'm a substitute teacher (not that part) so I have off in the summer (that part). But I have kids at home, but from tomorrow until Friday, one is visiting his grandparents and the other is in day camp so I plan to take advantage and write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An occasional 'sanity' day is a goooood thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the perks of being a teacher (even in Japan where we don't have vacations off) is having down time. We're less at luxury to take days, but we have pretty long relaxed periods. Of course we also have pretty busy ones :( Anyhow school's out next week! YAY!

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.