Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday: Rewind

We interrupt the normal schedule of this blog to bring you an update.

Due to unexpected illness we (really just me but the royal ‘we’ sounds better) have been absent from the blogosphere and missed Tuesday’s Take and Wednesday’s Word. So we hereby declare this Thursday a Rewind so we can include them both.

Tuesday’s Take: What the hell?




You can only take the ‘Laundry Day’ excuse so far, people.

That’s my take on it.



Wednesday’s Word: Kidtastrophe

In case you have forgotten, or not yet discovered the joy of children, let this serve as a reminder…or a warning.

Due to family circumstances, we now have a two year old in our home for a short time. It has been a while since I had the pleasure. After almost two weeks I can say that I am doing a pretty job of not freaking out over my breakables being fondled by cheetoe tipped fingers or the pure horror of being handed a poopy diaper while making dinner…by the perpetrator of said diaper…naked and proudly grinning.

At the end of the day, as I look around in exhaustion at scattered toys, sippie cups, band instruments, sports equipment, and an array of shoes by the front door in all shapes and sizes, I sigh in sort of happy contentment. My house might be a kidtastrophe but hey…it ain’t boring.

And that, my friends, is the Word.

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you were all right. Glad you're better:)

    LOL! Love the Thursday Rewind pix:D Truth really is stranger than fiction.

    Oh my, kidtastrophe is right. But they're fun in their own special little way at that age:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Terry! I was sure I was dying...not really but it felt like it. And yes, kids are fun, we are having a blast...except for that poopy diaper thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better, though after seeing those crazy pictures you might feel a sudden urge to vomit. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.