Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm Such a Dude

I refuse to talk about New Year's resolutions since they rarely work out and it's just another excuse to be depressed.  You don't need the start of a new year to set goals for yourself, you can do that any time.

So instead let's talk about my disturbing suspicions that I am turning into a dude. 

I am surrounded by men.  My extended family consists primarily of males and this includes all those living in my home at this time...'men' being loosely translated.  My world consists of sports, heated debates regarding Modern Warfare versus Grand Theft Auto, and what is the best athlete's foot cream.  No amount of fabreeze can completely mask the scent of boy/man sweat and the toilet seat is always in the up position.

It's left up to me to refine them, which includes how to properly use a steak knife and why it's important to brush our teeth every day.  But it's a two way street.  I know way more than I want to about football scores and who holds the most yards rushed in a season.  I find myself making fun of the kissing scenes in movies, and laughing at fart jokes.

I am being tainted by their testosterone.

I give you this warning so that if I begin blogging about basketball scores or the latest gaming accessories...please send help.
 

9 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with you. LOL But seriously, resist the Dark Side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor you. I'm sending tons of girly vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL is it contagious? The men are rubbing off on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SO can relate to the testosteron take over. Thank fully after a handful of boys I got a girl to even out the estrogen around here. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make fun of kissing scenes because they are hilarious. That doesn't make you a dude. Though I guess I can't talk since I have long preferred the company of guys to girls as a general rule.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I don't know if I could live with all those boys around me all the time! That really is a lot of testosterone... and the SMELL. Boys do smell different than girls. Sometimes that's a good thing, and sometimes it's just... not a good thing.

    Put on something pink and bake cupcakes. Maybe that will help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwa ha ha! I feel your pain. And, uh, good luck?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could come up with some clever comeback to stand up for my gender, but I can't.

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.