Monday, February 21, 2011

Random Thoughts

I saw a bumper sticker on a car the other day. It said ‘I drive like a Cullen’. I felt sorry for the middle aged woman driving. Bumper stickers are a bitch to get off.


I broke down and rented Eclipse this weekend. I had a free red box code. I refuse to pay to watch peeps destroy another decent novel. It is definitely the best one so far…except for all the parts where Kristen Stewart spoke.

I also watched The Runaways on cable. It was pretty good. Except for all the parts where Kristen Stewart spoke.

My sister sent me this:


It’s a visual aid to go with my favorite quote. A friend will help you move…but a good friend will help you move a body.

I wrote a sex scene in my new wip last week. When I read it over this weekend I noticed I used a lot of words like ‘crushed’, ‘ground’, and ‘grind’(which is sort of like ground but not). What does this say about me? My husband says ‘don’t write angry’.

He’s only saying that because I tell him not to drive angry or cook angry. You can always tell. Maybe you can with writing too. So he gets to live another day.

Any Monday thoughts you’d like to share? Stop back by tomorrow and I’ll give you the deets on my first contest for reaching 100 followers. You guys are awesome.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I want to win and I don't even know the details! LOL about the bumper sticker. Although if you are stuck with one I guess that's the one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I drive like a Cullen"? Really? Wow. Now that's some fan.

    (And btw, there's nothing wrong with angry sex.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me a while to figure out who is "Cullen", as though I've read the series it's been a while and I'd never thought anyone would make them a role model in driving. Funny and poignant quote. :)

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.