Monday, June 13, 2011

New State Mottos

Here's a little fun for ya since it actually hurts me to think too hard on a Monday.  Plus I am trying to shake off some major depression caused by Game of Thrones last night. I know...I have issues with reality.  Whatever.  I'm pretty sure that's a requirement when you're a writer.

I was going to list all 50 new state mottos but that would make this post entirely too long so I'm just sharing my favs.   

Alabama: Like the Third World, but Closer!
Arkansas: Literacy Ain't Everything
Connecticut: Like Massachusetts, Only The Kennedys Don't Own It Yet
Florida: More Than Just a Great Place to Die
Georgia: We Put The "Fun" In Fundamentalist Extremism
Hawaii: Haka Tiki Mou Sha'ami Leeki Toru (Death To Mainland Scum, But Leave Your Money)
Idaho: You Can Be Da Ho Next
Kentucky: Five Million People; Fifteen Last Names
Mississippi: Come and Feel Better About Your Own State
New Jersey: What Smell?
North Carolina: Tobacco is a Vegetable
Ohio: At Least We're Not Michigan
Utah: Our Jesus Is Better Than Your Jesus
West Virginia: One Big Happy Family - Really!
Wisconsin: Come Smell our Dairy Air

And here's a bonus redneck map:


This post is meant in good fun and only intended for those with a sense of humor.  I'm from Texas...or maybe Mexico.  The map is confusing me.

Have a great Monday.

Note: Mottos are courtesy of the funny2 website.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Monday, my Mexican friend! LOL

    These are hilarious. My mom goes to Florida every year for 6 months. She's always attending funerals. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buenos dias. Tu es muy loco!

    Hahaha. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KEWL! I'm a hick!

    Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Viva Mexico! Hahahahahahaha. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just glad you didn't pick on Tennesseee...except on the map. For the record, I live in TN and have never seen anything KKK related here, except for a couple of morons who like to fly the rebel flag for all to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) lol, I love these kinds of jokes. You really do have to have a sense of humor to survive life, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though I'm not American I can appreciate this, and have known enough Americans for this to make sense to me! LOL Hilarioso!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gah! That's is waaay too funny and if they would have taught it that way in school I might still remember stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol. When I lived in Connecticut we used to joke that it was the hole between Mass. and NY. lol

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.