Monday, March 26, 2012

I AM Lucky

At least when it comes to being tagged by the Lucky 7 meme.  Courtesy of Jennifer Burke over at Jen's Bookshelf.  Go pay her a visit if you haven't already because her blog is definitely worth it (just don't mention possums).  Damn Funny Aussie+Incredibly Talented Writer=Someone you should get to know now so you can say you knew her when...

Now on to the meme.  And by the way, what the hell does meme stand for anyway?  It sounds weird.  Meme, meme, meme, meme...weird.

Here be the rules:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next seven lines as they are written - no cheating!
4. Tag 7 other writers and let them know

My lines with no explanation:

“You know, about the girls. You have to admit it is a little strange.”

I stopped and Tana turned back with an apologetic look.

“Tana, I have no idea what you’re babbling about.”

“The suicides in your family? How all the girls went crazy before they did it?”

“Come again?”

“You don’t know?” She gasped in shock and a wave of apprehension hit me. Maybe I didn’t want to know.
-end.

To the taggage! And I'll try not to knowingly tag anyone who has already been marked.

Katie Mills of Creepy Query Girl
Simon Carter of Constant Revisions
Claire Dawn of Points of Claire-ification
S.L. Hennessy of Pensuasion
Brian Russell of The Alchemy of Writing
Bethany Yeager of Ink-Splattered
Sarah McClung of Babbling Flow

I won't hate you if you decide not to participate because you are either too busy/cool/bored/under contract/don't have a clue who I am/don't have 7 lines to share, let alone 77 pages to share it from/or currently have a restraining order against me.

10 comments:

  1. "Barry batted through a cloud of drywall dust with his cape. He stumbled forward in the darkness, mildly concussed. The guitar hung loosely in one hand, dragging along the floor. With his free hand, he guided Lester along by the scruff of the neck. Even if it hadn’t been pitch black, the dirt and debris in the air would have made visibility impossible.
    Lester mumbled something through the sleeve of his jacket, which was acting as a stylishly impromptu hazmat respirator.
    “Don’t take that off your face,” Barry said, before coughing and nearly tripping over a..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was great! Makes me really want to read more and find out what happens with the girls and the suicides. This makes me think your book has a cool, creepy twist in it, which I always appreciate!!

    Thanks so much for tagging me! I've got to try and carve out some time for a responding post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen's blog is definitely a favorite.

    And those lines have a killer hook. The perfect quote tucked inside the cover to get people to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to goings-on in other parts of the internet world, I'm focussing on race for the rest of the week, but I'll post this next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I want to know why all the girls went crazy!

    Seriously. Post more at once!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't tagged but I wanted to play anyway. :Þ
    (Just like school, when no one wanted to play with me - lol)


    Anne was more concerned that they wouldn’t fit in. “Is this really what they were wearing then? I look ridiculous.”

    “The fashion publications of the era were quite diverse but full of tiny details to help us pinpoint the look.

    What do you think?” Cathryn started to get in character with her period costume and long flowing hair.

    Anne looked down at her attire. “I’m embarrassed. Are you sure this was in? I feel stupid.”

    “You look fine.” Cathryn could not contain her excitement. “How do you like my hair?”

    “It doesn’t look natural. Please change it back when we get home. Are you ready?”

    ReplyDelete
  7. And there shouldn't be a new paragraph between 'the look' and 'What.' Damn cut 'n paste.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this excerpt! And thanks for tagging me! I just did one so I'll have to wait until I have another manuscript under the works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your lines!! I so want to know why all the girls went crazy!

    Sorry I missed this--but I'm usually too chicken to share my WIPs online anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.