Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday Must: Musings and Observations

Part of what makes a good writer is our ability to observe our own life and the lives of others.  I'm sure most of us have observed some crazy things at one time or another, so feel free to add to this list.

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Don’t sweat the petty things, and don’t pet the sweaty things.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

No one is listening until you fart.

Male co-workers will eat anything, even if your name is on it. Licking everything you bring from home does not necessarily guard against this.


Happy Monday.  This is said with extreme sarcasm as it is beyond my comprehension that anything about a Monday could be good...ever.

6 comments:

  1. LOL. You crack me up! I also love: Nothing sucks more than the moment in an argument when you realize that you're wrong.

    Not that I'm EVER wrong of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Mondays are pretty awful, that's for sure. I especially like 'If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before' - I'll try that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were fun! Love the two evils;)

    I'll add the old one: No good deed shall go unpunished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monday schmonday. Today was a good day.
    My two cents... "Don't wipe your ass with Superman's cape."

    I can see how that would be a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK these are all master truths. Somehow throwing anger into depression seems not only wise but noble. ;) Sorry if that makes no sense. I've eaten waaaaay too many cookies today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list! I've learned the junk saying to be true...many times over. You'd think I would have learned by now.

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.