Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday’s Word: Vocabularian

My condition has a name and it is Vocabularian. A person who creates new words and bonus…it almost sounds like Vulcan in the beginning and rhymes with humanitarian. It doesn’t get better than that.

But I am not alone. I know some of you suffer from this as well. Then there are those who like to make up new definitions for current words. And that’s just like an awesome side salad to my crazy entrée.

Assmosis: The process by which some people seem to absorb success and advancement by kissing up to the boss rather than working hard.

Beelzebug: Satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.

Blamestorming: Sitting around in a group, discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed, and who was responsible.

Diplomacy: The art of letting someone else have your way.

Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.

Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.


Rock on, fellow Vocabularians!!!

7 comments:

  1. Dude, me and one of my CPs have a shared google doc of all the words we've invented as we've critiqued each other (this section feels too "expositiony." I think you need to "thesorize" this word. etc. etc.) Some day we intend to do a vlog making fun of our insanity. :D

    (LOVE Blamestorming btw. I might have to steal that.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Those are too funny! Especially blamestorming and reintarntion. LOL. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have NO talent for creating new words, so I'm in awe of you. You should add these to Urban Dictionary, they're very cool. I particularly like blamestorming, because that's exactly what happens in meetings all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!!!! I can relate to Blamestorming (my husband and I specialize in that), and Foreploy (I myself have mastered the art).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Assmosis,LOL! You have a true talent there;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! There was a woman blogging on MySpace back in the day who went by the name "Mixtionary." She was putting together a book of mixed words, similar to that. I don't know if she ever finished her book or not, but yours are more creative, I think!

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.