Monday, January 23, 2012

Mystic Falls Rant

Last week as I was watching the latest episode of Vampire Diaries (in my sweats trying to convince myself no one has ever died from a cold), I noticed something odd.


There is not one single ugly or overweight person on the show. Not even a token plain BFF by which to measure the beauty of all others. Even the parents are gorgeous. Ok, except for this guy:


And I’m not sure he counts because he technically does not live in Mystic Falls. He just visits to cause trouble.

I can buy the idea of vampires, werewolves, hybrids, witches, and ghosts. But no ugly people? And no one eating one too many cheeseburgers? Come on.

Also why is it than when someone does escape from this town and disappears for years…they end up only a short drive away? Is there some interstate time warp that’s not being mentioned?

I’m just asking. And I sort of blame these questions on the frame of mind I was in at the time. Hopped up on cold meds isn’t a happy place. But now I am back to my old self!  This may or may not be a good thing.

And of course, this rant in no way diminishes my love for all things VD.

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I think people want to see pretty faces on TV and in the movies. I'm totally guilty of that myself. I went to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo the other week (the new Hollywood version), and I think it's possible I enjoyed it more than the original because, well, Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig are really hot. And when they do the sexy stuff (which they did), it's not as uncomfortable to watch. Because, you know, they're so pretty.

    It's so fickle, I know, but I think entertainment is about escape. And when we escape, we want to be with people who look better than we do, not worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cold is bad enough, but for you to get VD; eeccsshh. It's good that you love all things VD, because it's forever. Have a nice day.

    I don't really do vampires, and to the best of my knowledge, none have ever done me, but aren't vamps frozen in their bitten-state? Aren't vamps forever young, unless they were bitten on a bad day. That would be my luck. After a full weekend of binge drinking, and puking (I hope you're not nauseous), some vamp will bite me and I'll look like I got the eebiegeebies until the end of time.

    I also saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last week, but I found her hot because she was different and unique. And smart.
    Smarties rule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you really asking why Hollywood is so fake? The entire town is held up by silicone implants and shots of botox. But they are pretty to look at, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete

It helps to know I'm not just talking to myself.